Advantages of mate over coffe.
1. Although both beverages have relatively the same amount of caffeine, their stimulating effects are a bit different: while coffee can be a little aggressive (even causing nervousness and tachycardia in some cases), yerba mate creates a smoother feeling of “awareness”, both mentally and physically.
2. Also, the caffeine in mate is usually more diluted than in coffee, therefore, is easier for our body to metabolize it.
3. Mate is said to have a diuretic effect because when you drink mate tea, you usually drink more liquid than when you are drinking coffee. This is ideal for those looking to lose weight or detox.
4. Yerba mate is more nutritious and is also considered a super food: it provides antioxidants, vitamins B1 and B2, more than ten types of amino acids, iron, magnesium, sodium and potassium. This is because it comes from a plant, while coffee comes from a bean.
5. It is often said that mate is a better “friend” than coffee because it takes longer to finish. And not only does it last longer; thanks to the ceremony of preparing and drinking mate tea, it is also ideal for groups of friends and for social moments in general.
Recommendations when drinking mate:
(source - Taragui )